Downtown Post NYC
The physical Manhattan Community Board 1 office is closed until further notice. Please use email@example.com as the principal means of communication with Community Board 1 staff who are working remotely to every extent possible. Live Remote Meetings - https://live.mcb1.nyc
All meetings begin at 6 p.m. unless otherwise indicated.
Please check agendas weekly. We will continue to update as we receive ongoing information on priority business.
6/14 Land Use, Zoning & Economic Development Committee
1) Health & Fitness Citywide Zoning Text Amendment application - Presentation & possible resolution
2) 250 Water Street ULURP application - Presentation & public hearing*
3) Open Restaurants Citywide Zoning Text Amendment application - Presentation & possible resolution (Postponed until July)
*CB1 is accepting written comment on 250 Water Street at bit.ly/250WaterComment until July 9, 2021
6/15 Waterfront, Parks & Cultural Committee
1) African Burial Ground International Memorial Museum and Education Center Act - Report by Hannah Weinerman, Community Liaison, Office of U.S. Congressman Jerrold Nadler (African Burial Ground invited to attend) and possible resolution
2) Governors Island Seasonal Update - Presentation by Sarah Krautheim, Vice President, Public Affairs
3) 9/11 Memorial Museum Update - Presentation by Jay Weinkam, Executive VP, Government and Community Affairs & Lauren Daly, Senior Manager, Government and Community Affairs
4) Art on the Avenue Storefront Project - Presentation by Taina Prado, Natalie Armstrong & Ariana Branchini, Downtown Alliance
5) Hudson River Park Advisory Council - Update by Andrew Zelter, Co-Chair, Waterfront, Parks & Cultural Committee (postponed until July)
6/16 Executive Committee
1) Term Limits for Elected Officers of Community Board 1 - Discussion & resolution
2) Rescinding the Mayoral Executive Order Permitting Citibike Stations in POPS - Discussion & possible resolution
3) Proposed Int. No. 1572-2019 - Presentation by Jumaane Williams, NYC Public Advocate and Racial Impact Study Coalition (RISC)
4) Committee reports
6/17 Borough of Manhattan Community College
Pre-Juneteenth Event 6:30 PM-7:30 PM
(Details to follow)
6/21 Environmental Protection Committee
1) Lower Manhattan Quarterly Resiliency Update (including Fidi/Seaport Climate Resilience Master Plan and plans for proposed in-water resiliency infrastructure) - Presentation by:
● Mayor’s Office of Resiliency
● NYC Economic Development Corporation
● NYC Department of Parks & Recreation
● Battery Park City Authority
6/22 CB 1 Monthly Meeting
Details to follow
All documents relating to the above agenda items are on file at the Community Board 1 office and are available for viewing by the public upon written request to firstname.lastname@example.org
At all meetings, additional items may be raised as "New Business"
CB1'S DISTRICT MANAGER
Lucian Reynolds is CB1's District Manager. Mr. Reynolds has a range of skills and experience in urban planning with a focus on transportation and the environment, technology and economic development.
He can be reached at email@example.com or 212-669-7971.
COMMUNITY BOARD 1 NEWS AND MEETINGS